Member

BLUMKA GALLERY

Inventory

Contact ANTHONY BLUMKA
Company History Blumka Gallery is a fourth generation firm specializing in Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque works of art including enamel, furniture, ceramics, metalwork, paintings, and sculpture in stone, wood and terracotta. Since 1938 the gallery has had several locations in Manhattan, and now rests on East 72nd Street.

Over the years Blumka Gallery has been responsible, through both sales and donations, for the development and enrichment of public and private collections in America and Europe. The Blumkas played a prominent role in enhancing the Bondy, Brummer, Linsky, and Untermeyer collections. They have also expanded those of public institutions, such as The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Cleveland Museum of Art; The Detroit Institute of Arts; The Frick Collection; The J.Paul Getty Museum; The Metropolitan Museum of Art; The Bayerisches Nationalmuseum, Munich; The Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna; and the Louvre.

Blumka Gallery participates in world-class fairs such as Munich Highlights in the Autumn and The European Fine Art Fair in Maastricht every Spring. In addition, Blumka Gallery is partnered with Julius Böhler Kunsthandlung of Starnberg, Germany, a firm in its fifth generation of operation and which houses the Blumka's collection of ivories.

Tony Blumka is a Past President and Honorary Member of the Art and Antique Dealers League of America, and is on the Board of Directors of the National Antique and Art Dealers Association of America. He is a member in good standing of the Confédération Internationale des Négociants en Œvres d’Art, and was also knighted by the French Government Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.
Specialization Medieval and Renaissance Sculpture and Works of Art.
Established c. 1890
NAADAA Member Since 1954